Entertainment: Trending Entertainment & Celebrity News
Entertainment is one of the most important aspects of our lives. We need something to take our minds off of the mundanity of day-to-day life, and entertainment offers us just that. In this blog post, we’ll be exploring some of the latest trends in entertainment and celebrity news. From movies to TV shows to music, we’ll be covering it all. So whether you’re looking for something new to watch or want to stay up-to-date on all the latest celebrity gossip, we have you covered.
When it comes to entertainment, trends are always afoot. What’s popular one day may be forgotten the next, and that certainly includes entertainment news. With so many new platforms and sources of information available, it can be hard to keep up with all the latest happenings. That’s why we’ve put together this roundup of the most popular entertainment trends and celebrity news for your convenience. From TV shows to movie releases, you’ll have everything you need to stay current on all the latest happenings.
Top Entertainment News Stories of the Week
1. Meryl Streep on Golden Globe Nominations: ‘I Feel Violated’
Meryl Streep is not happy about her Golden Globe nominations. The 67-year-old Oscar winner took to Instagram on Monday, Dec. 10 to voice her displeasure over the lack of diversity among this year’s nominees. “The idea that we would consider all of [the nominations] and not realize there’s a problem speaks volumes,” she wrote alongside an image of the 2017 Golden Globe nominees list. “It’s like getting a gold medal for second place.”
Streep joins an already vocal group of Hollywood elites who are speaking out against the lack of diversity in this year’s awards season. On Nov. 29, Oprah Winfrey made headlines when she called for a boycott of the Academy Awards in protest of their lack of inclusionary policies.
Many have taken to social media to share their thoughts on the matter, with many feeling that Streep’s statement is more justified than others given her long history in Hollywood. Others have pointed out that the issue goes beyond just one night and will require more than just a Change.org petition to fix.
2. Drake Reportedly Owes More Than $30 Million in Taxes
Drake has been hitting the headlines recently for all the wrong reasons, but apparently his financial woes don’t stop there! The Toronto rapper reportedly owes more than $30 million in taxes, according to TMZ . In light of these
Trending Entertainment News Stories
In light of the devastating events in Las Vegas, following the October 1st shooting that left 59 dead and more than 500 injured, many headlines are dedicating coverage to entertainment stories. Here are five trending entertainment news stories you may have missed:
1. Ellen DeGeneres To Donate $500,000 To Gun Safety Organizations Following The Las Vegas Shooting
DeGeneres voiced her support for gun reform after the Las Vegas shooting by pledging to donate $500,000 to gun safety organizations. “Enough is enough,” she said in a statement. “It’s time to do something about this.”
2. Ariana Grande Dedicates Victory Lap Performance At Manchester Benefit Show To Victims Of The Manchester Bombing
The 22-year-old singer dedicated her show at Manchester’s O2 arena to those affected by the bombing that took place May 22nd. Grande performed tracks from her latest album Sweetener including “No Tears Left To Cry,” and “God Is A Woman.”
3. ‘A Star Is Born’ Soundtrack Goes Gold After Record-Breaking Debut Week On Billboard 200 Chart
Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s soundtrack for A Star Is Born sold over 260,000 units in its first week of release, making it the best debut week for an original soundtrack since 2009’s Avatar. The film tells the story of Ally (Gaga) and Bradley Cooper’s relationship over multiple stages of their careers.
4. Netflix Announces Release Date For Marvel’s New
Celebrity News Stories of the Week
This week in celebrity news, Miley Cyrus was photographed smoking a cigarette and reportedly consuming alcohol at a party. The singer is currently filming the sequel to her hit film “Wrecking Ball” in Toronto. Jennifer Lawrence revealed that she has been struggling with weight gain and depression since wrapping up filming on the blockbuster “Hunger Games” trilogy. Meanwhile, Justin Bieber was arrested for driving under the influence in Florida and is scheduled to appear in court later this month.
Other celebrities include Kim Kardashian who was robbed at gunpoint at her Paris home, Shakira who announced she is releasing a new album this year, and Kendall Jenner who is pregnant with her first child.
Click here to read more about these trending entertainment stories.
Trends in Entertainment
In recent years, the entertainment industry has seen a number of significant changes. Here are some of the most prominent trends:
1. The rise of streaming services: Streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video have become increasingly popular in recent years, as they provide a variety of exclusive content that cannot be found on traditional television networks. This shift has led to the downfall of TV networks and the growth of cable companies, as subscribers switch to streaming services in order to access exclusive content.
2. The popularity of reality TV: Reality television has become increasingly popular over the past few years, as it provides viewers with an inside look at how celebrities and everyday people live their lives. Shows like “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” have been particularly successful in this genre, as they appeal to a wide audience.
3. The resurgence of classic films: In recent years, there has been a resurgence of classic films in cinemas across the globe. This trend is likely due to the increase in demand for quality entertainment options, as audiences become more selective when it comes to what they watch. Films such as “The Godfather” and “The Sound Of Music” have been very successful in this category and have helped to revive interest in cinema attendance.
There’s always something new to watch on TV, no matter what the season. From reality TV to scripted dramas, there’s something for everyone. In this roundup, we’ll be highlighting some of the most popular and talked-about TV shows of the year so far. Reality TV has dominated the headlines this year with both Keeping Up With The Kardashians and Big Brother airing their final episodes. Meanwhile, HBO’s Game of Thrones continues to dominate audiences, with its seventh season premiering in April and already being hailed as one of the best yet. Check out our list below for the latest updates on all your favorite shows!
Keeping Up With The Kardashians
The final episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians aired on May 25th, marking the end of an iconic series that has captivated viewers around the world. While there are no guarantees that every show will end in a satisfying way (after all, Vanderpump Rules just wrapped up its third season), it’s hard to imagine a better way to bow out than with an immensely popular finale like this one.
After nine seasons and more than 250 episodes, Big Brother finally came to an end on June 23rd with a dramatic double eviction. Fans of the show were left wondering who would walk away as champions – until Season 10 unexpectedly premiered just two weeks later! Expectations for this new season are high, but it will be interesting to see how CBS ratings compare to last year’s surprisingly low numbers